August 7th, 2014
If you follow us on Facebook, you heard some exciting news last week about our new office space; a renovated three-story school house on the Eastside (above). As renovation takes way to turn a single floor of individual classrooms into a collaborative studio, we can’t help but pull interior elements that evoke the back-to-school vibe. Because we move in this Fall, there couldn’t be better timing to think about notepads and freshly sharpened pencils to deck out the new studio. For a fresh schoolhouse look of your own, here are our top picks for an office space that’s sure to bring home straight-A’s.
1. Sharpen those geography skills well before the first bell rings with the new Cities Wallpaper by Rifle Paper Co. Hand-illustrated skylines of famous cities are printed on a parchment background, perfect for a desk nook.
2. This olive green compartment tray from School House Electric is sure to bring you back to long lunch lines and chocolate milk straight from the carton. We love the idea of using it to hold desk accessories and knick knacks.
3. You won’t mind counting down the hour with this handsome wall clock from Lemnos. The molded plywood frame keeps it lightweight and reminiscent of old classroom desks.
4. Keep textbooks and references in order with Pigeon and Poodle’s set of three caged baskets. Metal handles allow for easy transport and integrated name plates are perfect for custom labeling.
5. The GI Joe lunchbox has been reincarnated into this smooth olive green desk chair byWhite on White. Added bonus? The molded fiberglass seat will make waiting for recess a little less painful.
6. Never forget an assignment with Sideshow Press’ desktop accessories, inspired by 1950s stationery. Check out their full array of colorful options to make your desk space truly your own.
7. West Elm’s Mid-Century Desk in white is a modern spin on the classic teacher’s desk. With tapered legs and three drawers, this piece is one apple away from being the perfect combination of form and function.
8. Shed light on your late-night studies with this school bus yellow table lamp from Caravan Pacific. All of their lighting is handmade in the USA and fully customizable.
July 23rd, 2014
Image via CNN
It’s every American’s dream to wake up hearing the streets of Paris and feel time stand still. As the scent of freshly baked croissants linger through your window, you seem drawn to grab a bite before taking a long stroll through a nearby garden. If the vie de francaise has been calling your name as of late, you’re not alone. Maybe it’s the promise of sweet Summer romance, or the call to take an afternoon off and picnic in Forsyth Park. To bring the romance of Paris back home, we’ve put together a French-inspired contemporary master suite that aims to make the days grow longer and the nights to be full of nothing short of magic.
1. We set the tone to this posh Parisian suite with romantic lilac tones found in Noble and Wood’s Berlingot Wallpaper. Place behind the bed for a feature wall or use as a poppy dresser drawer liner in a vintage armoire.
2. It’s not French unless there’s crystal, and what better way to finish a master bedroom than with a stunning chandelier from Eloquence. Hanging the fixture over the bed allows for a lower drop height to add more drama.
3. Shed light by your bedside as you stay up late reading Les Miserables. With a feminine “swoop” swivel arm and white linen shade, the Koleman Swinger from Robert Abbey goes with virtually any space.
4. Keep the bedroom from getting too frumpy with clean, mid-century inspired bedside tables from West Elm. The white lacquer finish promises ultimate flexibility and the brass hardware adds a noticeable touch of class.
5. Keep your favorite eau de parfum on display with Anthropologie’s set of mirrored trays. These also make a great bedside accessory for reading glasses or jewelry.
6. Hedgehouse’s Lavender Heather Throw Pillow is the ultimate, versatile bed accessory. The striped linen is light and airy, and the tasseled zipper adds a perfect little detail to your pillowscape.
7. Simple geometric shapes let these Alexa Canisters shine on your bookshelf or console without adding clutter. Remove the top for an impromptu vase that holds lavender and other scents of Provence.
8. The piece de resistance, Eloquence’s Sophia Silver Two-Tone Bed is surely fit for French royalty. Top with linen bedding for the perfect lazy Sunday morning getaway.
May 16th, 2014
We’re packing our bags and heading up to NYC for the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) this weekend. There were so many upcoming artisans and new companies we had the pleasure of meeting last year, that we can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store! Below are a few of our favorites we hope to see again.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with our latest findings and Big Apple adventures!
April 16th, 2014
This week we’re not only giving you our top picks, but also letting you in on a little secret. We have a stunning master bedroom in the works featuring a beautiful indigo wallpaper that is sure to stop our clients in their tracks. We took our above room inspiration and decided to pull a few watercolor-esque wallpapers that showcase the various mesmerizing shades of indigo for a dramatic master suite of your own:
1. Dynasty Indigo – Eskayel / 2. Tidal Wallpaper – Emma Hayes / 3. Polka Dots in Smoke – Kreme / 4. Stirring Seas – Anthropologie / 5. Bali Stripe – Eskayel