July 23rd, 2014
Image via CNN
It’s every American’s dream to wake up hearing the streets of Paris and feel time stand still. As the scent of freshly baked croissants linger through your window, you seem drawn to grab a bite before taking a long stroll through a nearby garden. If the vie de francaise has been calling your name as of late, you’re not alone. Maybe it’s the promise of sweet Summer romance, or the call to take an afternoon off and picnic in Forsyth Park. To bring the romance of Paris back home, we’ve put together a French-inspired contemporary master suite that aims to make the days grow longer and the nights to be full of nothing short of magic.
1. We set the tone to this posh Parisian suite with romantic lilac tones found in Noble and Wood’s Berlingot Wallpaper. Place behind the bed for a feature wall or use as a poppy dresser drawer liner in a vintage armoire.
2. It’s not French unless there’s crystal, and what better way to finish a master bedroom than with a stunning chandelier from Eloquence. Hanging the fixture over the bed allows for a lower drop height to add more drama.
3. Shed light by your bedside as you stay up late reading Les Miserables. With a feminine “swoop” swivel arm and white linen shade, the Koleman Swinger from Robert Abbey goes with virtually any space.
4. Keep the bedroom from getting too frumpy with clean, mid-century inspired bedside tables from West Elm. The white lacquer finish promises ultimate flexibility and the brass hardware adds a noticeable touch of class.
5. Keep your favorite eau de parfum on display with Anthropologie’s set of mirrored trays. These also make a great bedside accessory for reading glasses or jewelry.
6. Hedgehouse’s Lavender Heather Throw Pillow is the ultimate, versatile bed accessory. The striped linen is light and airy, and the tasseled zipper adds a perfect little detail to your pillowscape.
7. Simple geometric shapes let these Alexa Canisters shine on your bookshelf or console without adding clutter. Remove the top for an impromptu vase that holds lavender and other scents of Provence.
8. The piece de resistance, Eloquence’s Sophia Silver Two-Tone Bed is surely fit for French royalty. Top with linen bedding for the perfect lazy Sunday morning getaway.
May 16th, 2014
We’re packing our bags and heading up to NYC for the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) this weekend. There were so many upcoming artisans and new companies we had the pleasure of meeting last year, that we can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store! Below are a few of our favorites we hope to see again.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with our latest findings and Big Apple adventures!
April 16th, 2014
This week we’re not only giving you our top picks, but also letting you in on a little secret. We have a stunning master bedroom in the works featuring a beautiful indigo wallpaper that is sure to stop our clients in their tracks. We took our above room inspiration and decided to pull a few watercolor-esque wallpapers that showcase the various mesmerizing shades of indigo for a dramatic master suite of your own:
1. Dynasty Indigo – Eskayel / 2. Tidal Wallpaper – Emma Hayes / 3. Polka Dots in Smoke – Kreme / 4. Stirring Seas – Anthropologie / 5. Bali Stripe – Eskayel
April 1st, 2014
We can’t think of anyone better to showcase for the latest Artist Spotlight than the super talented team behind Sweet & Vicious. Written and styled by Libbie Summers with stunning photography by Chia Chong, Sweet & Vicious is all about whipping up wicked-sweet creations in your kitchen that feature daring culinary combinations to delight your taste buds. The hundreds of recipes, elixirs, and extracts throughout the book aren’t even the best part; just try and keep a straight face as Libbie shares the conception of each and every bite along her journey from fierce foodie to culinary producer.
For our Sweet & Vicious interior, we took inspiration from the bright and poppy photo behind Libbie’s Good and Plenty Cupcakes. The playful contrast between the bubblegum pink icing and daring black and white patterned blouse had us envisioning a young but fierce coming-of-age girl who’s not afraid to style her bedroom with a little punch. Following Libbie’s daring attitude, evident throughout the book (think Habanero Carrot Cake and Meatball Muffins), we curated interior elements that aren’t afraid to express a little personality.
1. Wireframe Coat Rack – Land of Nod / 2. Bone and Wood Inlay Frame – Zinc Home / 3. Cinque Brass Pendant – Iacoli & McAllister / 4. Kiara Rug – Anthropologie / 5. Amour Pillows – Anthropologie / 6. Douglas Bed – Noir / 7. Coconut Chine – Walnut Wallpaper
Grab a copy of Sweet & Vicious here.