It looks like Elle Decor has been wandering alongside us in the safari and they’ve got their latest issue to prove it! You may recall our recent blog about home items inspired by a jungle safari and this week we are venturing even further into the wild.
The above Elle Decor snippet features busy animal prints and warm tones that put your home into the thick of things, which made us want to try our hand at creating a trendy safari look on a cooler scale that has a bit more longevity in the home. The end result gives you two very different ways of adding some jungle flair to any space while still maintaining your personal style. Check out another one of our takes on the safari theme:
1. Gazelle Bust – Anthroplogie’s animal busts have the versatility to be used in both child and adult spaces. What could be a fun singular element by a crib or above a changing dresser, could also turn into art installation in your living room when you buy these in multiples.
2. Zebra Tea Towel – The black and white lines of these zebra tea towels go with practically any design scheme. Play with folding them irregularly to abstract the obvious animal motif.
3. Palm Tree Prints – Add some scholarly charm to your space with these authentic botany prints. The palm tree illustrations allude to the safari theme in a subtle way. These color-neutral prints would look great as a pair side by side or collaged with practically any other fine art collection.
4. Gold Ombre Rug – Make a statement with this gold ombre rug. Placing a vibrant element on the floor adds a pop of color to a neutral room, and can easily be switched out to keep your room looking fresh on a budget.
5. Striped Pillow (Square) and 6. Striped Pillow (Horizontal) – These pillow cases are made from vintage kilim rugs and bring a textural element to any room. Whether placed on a sofa or lounge, you don’t have to worry about these classic lines clashing with your existing furniture. Are you all out of sofa real estate but still want more seating? Stack several of these on the floor for when you need them or have them become plush decor for when you don’t.
7. Square Lamp – The bamboo lines on this lamp are subtle and become a timeless piece when combined with a simple rectangle black shade.
8. Brass Alligator – What safari room is complete without a brass crocodile? Use this little guy as a topper for those top-notch design coffee table books or on your desk for some office flair.
9. Brass Hippo – This brass hippo is begging to keep your books in place. In no need of a bookend? Hippo art has no shame – place it on practically any surface for an instant conversation starter.
10. Leather Stool – The woven leather straps on this stool are the epitome of jungle goes functional. The best part about this chair is that it collapses into itself for easy storage when you’re not gathering the friends around to tell your latest safari tales.
11. Wire Basket – Need a place to store those life-saving jungle maps? This wire basket is perfect for holding magazines, towels, and even Monday’s fresh produce run.
Are you loving the latest safari buzz? Leave a comment below!