It’s every American’s dream to wake up hearing the streets of Paris and feel time stand still. As the scent of freshly baked croissants linger through your window, you seem drawn to grab a bite before taking a long stroll through a nearby garden. If the vie de francaise has been calling your name as of late, you’re not alone. Maybe it’s the promise of sweet Summer romance, or the call to take an afternoon off and picnic in Forsyth Park. To bring the romance of Paris back home, we’ve put together a French-inspired contemporary master suite that aims to make the days grow longer and the nights to be full of nothing short of magic.
1. We set the tone to this posh Parisian suite with romantic lilac tones found in Noble and Wood’s Berlingot Wallpaper. Place behind the bed for a feature wall or use as a poppy dresser drawer liner in a vintage armoire.
2. It’s not French unless there’s crystal, and what better way to finish a master bedroom than with a stunning chandelier from Eloquence. Hanging the fixture over the bed allows for a lower drop height to add more drama.
3. Shed light by your bedside as you stay up late reading Les Miserables. With a feminine “swoop” swivel arm and white linen shade, the Koleman Swinger from Robert Abbey goes with virtually any space.
4. Keep the bedroom from getting too frumpy with clean, mid-century inspired bedside tables from West Elm. The white lacquer finish promises ultimate flexibility and the brass hardware adds a noticeable touch of class.
5. Keep your favorite eau de parfum on display with Anthropologie’s set of mirrored trays. These also make a great bedside accessory for reading glasses or jewelry.
6. Hedgehouse’s Lavender Heather Throw Pillow is the ultimate, versatile bed accessory. The striped linen is light and airy, and the tasseled zipper adds a perfect little detail to your pillowscape.
7. Simple geometric shapes let these Alexa Canisters shine on your bookshelf or console without adding clutter. Remove the top for an impromptu vase that holds lavender and other scents of Provence.
8. The piece de resistance, Eloquence’s Sophia Silver Two-Tone Bed is surely fit for French royalty. Top with linen bedding for the perfect lazy Sunday morning getaway.