We recently worked with a DIY client on her new baby’s nursery and it got us thinking… Why not create a great nursery space that has all the style of a grown up room?
While our client had a baby girl, we put this particular room inspiration together with a baby boy in mind. We pulled sophisticated furniture that is appropriate for any age as well as tactile (and often handmade) accessories that bring whimsy to the space. Overall, we were going for a young and modern take on a woodsy cabin idea and this is what we came up with:
1. The wallpaper is a graphic wood grain print in blue on a white background. Try papering the whole room or just make one wall a feature.
2. The handmade patchwork birds gathered on this Etsy mobile are so sweet and whimsical.
3. This walnut and white sideboard is a statement piece and can be used in any room of the house.
4. The Dwell Dots bedding in Chocolate is a classic and would look great on any crib.
5. This lino-cut print is simple and to the point. Te amo means “I love you”.
6. We found these charming hand knitted booties and vintage airplane on Etsy through TenderBlue.
7. Bookhou’s child’s bentwood chair is covered with a thick felt mat for comfort. It’s available at a good price, so now I’m just waiting for an adult size chair…
8. We paired this simple walnut console with a non-stick contoured baby changing mat. In a couple of years this stylish changing station can easily be transformed into a perfect bar table!
9. This birch, ash, and white coat rack offers additional storage with the center shelves. *Just be sure to secure it to the wall or floor before the baby begins to crawl.
10. The Superordinate 4 Antler chandelier is totally unexpected in a baby’s room and complements the other white elements in the room.
11. Who can resist Anthropologie’s white “Hippity-Hop” lamp? This friendly bunny will keep your baby company at night with it’s warm glow.
12. I’ve wanted to put one of Jonathan Adler’s hand loomed zebra rugs somewhere for ages and this is the perfect spot! Keep in mind, you can also get this rug in custom color combinations.
13. This lime Moroccan leather pouf is soft and durable. Use it as extra seating or as an ottoman.