As we have mentioned in previous blog and Facebook posts, we had the pleasure of providing the event concept and decor for Savannah Magazine’s annual Best of Savannah Party. With such positive feedback, we thought it would be a fun challenge to transform the Best In Show decor into practical style for the home. See below how we took cheeky high class society and turned it into a fabulous look for the bedroom:
1. We love how this Louis Four Poster bed by REEVES design gives a taste of the ornate without being too pompous. Whether your taste is more traditional or modern, this bed can handle being dressed in any style as the white frame allows total versatility.
2. Keep a taste of the Best In Show garden feel right at home with this moss terrarium. Mix and match air-friendly plants with neutral stones for a low-maintenance country club landscape for your desk or bookshelf.
3. What better way to idolize your purebred pooch than with this whippet by Jonathan Adler. Standing tall at 11.5 inches, this cast canine will sit pretty as a bookend, mudroom decor, or pair two of them on either side of your fireplace.
4. Having trouble keeping track of all those fabulous party invitations? Keep your calendar open and your mail in order with this vintage brass letter holder that is just as pretty to look at empty as it is full.
5. The soft, retro lines of Anthropologie’s abate slatted mirror would make any wall in your home a trophy wall. Place above the mantle, bed, or in a guest bathroom for a look sure to impress even your most high-brow guests.
6. The blush tone of Bungalow 5′s Melrose Lamp can soften up any space and reminds us of the balloons used at Best In Show. Keep the mood light and airy by using the existing white shade or transform this soft lamp into a subtle pop of color by pairing with a dark grey shade and surrounding cool neutrals.
7. IKEA’s Expedit shelves might possibly be the most versatile piece of large furniture you can purchase for your home. Lean against a wall and accessorize with books, photos, or your antique brass trophy collection for an instant art installation. Or, go bold and use this shelving system in the middle of the space as a room divider to give your home a more intimate feel.
8. We fell hard for this tangerine soren chair from Anthropology that perfectly represents the Tangerine Tango we used for the Best in Show graphics. Place next to a neutral bookshelf or side table to keep this chair the center of attention.
9. Organize all of those ever-so-pressing winner thoughts on this conveniently shaped trophy white board. This hangable office delight from IMM Living is made of porcelain to ensure that your prized possession will last as long as your good reputation.
10-11. Complete your bed with these fun throw pillows from Etsy sellers FestiveHomeDecor and BrightJuly. The coral tassels on one pillow (inspired by our ribbon tassel garlands used as party decor) hint at the punches of warm tones on the other - they share a warm palette that makes them work well together even if they do not completely “match.”
12. Paint your entire room (or just an accent wall) with this fun and poppy color by Benjamin Moore. Let the paint finish determine the mood of your space: use an eggshell finish for a chic and refined look or a semi-gloss to let your walls gleam with winner pride.
13. Although indoor croquet is not advised, the intricate lattice work of this green kilim rug will have you dreaming of bourgeois garden parties at the clubhouse.