With such great response to one of our recent Instagram posts that revealed parts of Rye’s playroom, we thought it would be nice to spread the love and source a few fun decor elements to help your kid’s rumble room have the same look. One thing we always stress to our clients (and personal style) is longevity. Even if you’re designing for a child, use classic design elements on more permanent pieces (such as wallpaper) that will last long past their teen years or transition to a new use. While you can easily get the look by sourcing our favorite online stores, don’t be afraid to browse your local thrift shop for rattan furniture or quirky art; these pieces are not as “dear” and can withstand the rigors of a playroom. See below our original Instagram photo as well as a few things you can grab to duplicate Rye’s digs:
1. Display your little one’s latest creation or favorite toys with this simple bookcase from Anthropologie. The low shelf allows books and baubles to be within arm’s reach.
2. The Grove Garden wallpaper from Osborne and Little has soft, metallic hues that work for both a boy and girl. When the kids are old enough to have a space of their own, this timeless pattern makes a great guest room backdrop.
3. Add some whimsy to your playroom with these fun nature prints from Land of Nod. When they’re not watching your children learn and grow, they make for great story time inspiration.
4. Your baby bookworm will love picking books from this grinning whale bookend. With a hollowed metal construction, he’s heavy enough to hold a collection of literary classics for your little scholar.
5. Keep toys out of sight with a large canvas basket from Anthropologie. The built-in handles allow them to be easily moved for cleaning and storing.
6. Lay a rug down over your existing flooring to provide a softer surface to rumble and tumble. The raised gold bars in this Land of Nod rug have an open loop, making it ideal for small kids and pets alike.
7. Learning gets a chic re-do with this brass-colored chalkboard globe from Pottery Barn Kids. Use the round surface for mathematics or practice your geography by drawing shapes together.