January 8th, 2015
As a small design house with several large projects on our plate, we get the need to unwind after a long day. For some it’s kicking their feet up and enjoying a favorite TV show, and for others, it’s being in good company over a well-prepared meal. But perhaps one of the most sought-after “happy places” of all time is a place not too far from home: the bath tub. Today we’re celebrating ways people wash away the stress of their day and cleanse themselves for the morning to come. Before you touch the faucet and grab the candles, make sure your bathroom oasis is packed with these five tub time essentials.
1. Soak the day away with this natural mineral blend from Barr-Co. Made of milk, oatmeal, vanilla, and vetiver, its known to soothe irritated skin and create a protective barrier to keep in moisture long after bath time is over.
2. Think of your bath mat as a right of passage and plant your feet onto Coyuchi’s Diamond Pebble Rug. It’s plush, 100% cotton weave is springy underfoot and finished with a clean hem detail.
3. Sparrow and Co may have named this their “Drawing Room Candle“, but we believe some of the greatest ideas come from when we are most relaxed and centered. Grab a few to place around the bath for the ambient lighting your creativity craves.
4. If your happy place tends to hold more than just the thoughts and problems of the day, take use of this reclaimed wood tub caddy from Peg and Awl. Simply rest it across your tub to keep your books from soaking along with you.
5. Don’t let the luxury end when you unplug the drain. Treat yourself to a royal rub-down with Fog Linen Work’s Herringbone Cotton Towel. The cotton is super absorbent and the built-in laundry tag allows for easy hanging.
December 16th, 2014
From vessels to interesting objects, accessories are what bring personal touches into a space. When looking to make a strong impact, less is more; choose a few items with bold color and interesting shape versus too many. In our years of practice, nothing cuts through a tablescape or bookcase like a stroke of black. Leave the tchotchkes at grandma’s house and let a dark silhouette make a strong statement with our top picks below:
1. 3-Piece Pyramid Object Set – Dwell Studio / 2. Horace – Made Goods / 3. Bitters Bottle – Michele Varian / 4. Branch Annona Vase – Barneys / 5. Smythson Panama Watch Box – Barneys / 6. 3-Piece Star Objet Set – Dwell Studio / 7. Iron Bird – Jonathan Adler
December 11th, 2014
The season of giving is here and nothing quite beats a well-packaged gift. Whether you’re picking out something fun for your little one or giving the gift of style, be the talk of your next exchange with our printable Snowflake gift tags, which you can download here.
Share your holiday gift swag with us on Instagram! Tag us (@rethinkdesignstudio) with a photo of you using them and we will give you a shout.
December 9th, 2014
We’d love to think that most of our work is done in our chic new studio, creative juices flowing and sketchpad always at hand. However, our real strength comes in the execution; the ability to provide quality control while on site and to make sure that the ‘creative juices’ get turned into a real, tangible space that goes above and beyond our clients’ expectations. To give you a further look into our typical day to day, we’ve put together a few snapshots taken these past few weeks that give tribute to the real magic: seeing our designs come to life.
In need of a room redo or have a new development on the rise? Feel free to contact us: email@example.com.
You can also view our portfolio here.
November 21st, 2014
Instagram is one of our favorite ways to reach out to the creative community. Every day, independent studios, designers, and creative startups alike post photos of their process and it helps us keep an eye out for emerging talent and even possible collaborations. Whether you’re just getting started on the Instagram scene or are looking for a few fresh faces to follow, check out five accounts that have grabbed our attention recently:
1. Think and Ink Studio
@thinkandinkstudio | http://www.thinkandinkstudio.com
2. The Coastal
@shopthecoastal | http://www.thecoastal.etsy.com
3. Amy Walters
@amyalisha | http://amywalters.com
4. Ida Laerke
@idalaerke | http://idalaerke.com
@anewalldecor | http://anewall.com
Post below with some of your favorite accounts – or your own – and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram!