April 16th, 2014
This week we’re not only giving you our top picks, but also letting you in on a little secret. We have a stunning master bedroom in the works featuring a beautiful indigo wallpaper that is sure to stop our clients in their tracks. We took our above room inspiration and decided to pull a few watercolor-esque wallpapers that showcase the various mesmerizing shades of indigo for a dramatic master suite of your own:
1. Dynasty Indigo – Eskayel / 2. Tidal Wallpaper – Emma Hayes / 3. Polka Dots in Smoke – Kreme / 4. Stirring Seas – Anthropologie / 5. Bali Stripe – Eskayel
April 10th, 2014
The team travelled to High Point, NC this week to see the latest industry offerings in furnishings, lighting, and decor. While one of the best reasons to go to market is to wine and dine with design representatives from around the globe, we also managed to snap a few photos of products we look forward to use in projects to come. Today we’re shedding light on our favorite finds at market with the top table lamps, hanging fixtures, and wall sconces:
Clockwise from top left:
1. Arteriors / 2. Gabby Home / 3. Regina Andrew / 4. Currey and Company / 5. Julia Chichester / 6. Mr. Brown / 7. Ro Shambeaux
Clockwise from top left:
1. Mr. Brown / 2. Julia Chichester / 3. Dunes and Duchess / 4. Dunes and Duchess / 5. Currey and Company / 6. Arteriors / 7. Julia Chichester
Clockwise from top left:
1. Barbara Cosgrove / 2. Pacific Coast Lighting / 3. Light and Living / 4. Arteriors / 5. Emporium Home / 6. United Strangers / 7. Arteriors
Please note that most companies featured here are only available to the trade. To inquire about a product you may be interested in, please contact us here.
April 4th, 2014
The sounds of summer are not quite heard from the brick paved streets of Savannah, but that doesn’t mean we can’t dream of salty days by the sea. This week we’re giving you the best nautical findings for canine and kid in hopes to bring that sunshine just a little bit closer.
1. Give your pup his hearty share of the ocean in these beautifully simple ceramic bowls from Cloud 7. With varying sizes for food and water, they’re both heavy enough to keep kid from causing a tidal wave in your kitchen.
2. Send a message in a bottle under your child’s sheets with this 100% lambswool water bottle cover. Hand-knit in Scotland, this cover includes a bottle to keep your little one warm whilst dreaming of sunnier days.
3. The geometric pattern on this Scandinavian wool blanket reminds us of nautical flag symbols. Known for its softness, it’s the perfect throw to drape over a crib or rocking chair.
4. What sea dog would be seen out in public without its nautical rope leash? With a 3-strand construction and handmade leather tag, this leash is bound to keep your dog close when even the most tempting seagull walks by.
5. Give your pup something tough to chew on after working the decks with this cotton rope bone toy. Have a teething canine? Simply wet, freeze, and let them have at it.
6. Let your kid be the talk of the docks with these vintage-inspired, striped swim trunks. The stretch nylon is fast-drying, which means less of the ocean in your home and more where it belongs.
7. Perfect for telling stories under the stars, the whale pal from Coral and Tusk is embroidered on durable linen and completely resistant to imaginary harpoons.
March 26th, 2014
When it came time for the Mercers to finish out their home’s full renovation, Caroline knew she wanted a dedicated space for both her and her youngest daughter Louise to spend time together. The last round of design work gave the oldest daughter, Margaret, a hip bedroom of her own with an adjacent playroom for hanging out after school with friends. As round two came to fruition, it was time for the youngest to have a perfect place for crafts, homework, and an after school escape. The mother and daughter team envisioned a feminine, creative space where they could bond over glitter and popcorn, with the one requirement to infuse the color pink. The result is a Lady Library; a girly yet sophisticated study for both work and play.
Apart from a place to lounge and hang, we designed a streamlined desk surface that seamlessly extends from one of the flanking, open etageres. This allows for a craft-worthy table surface with enough room leftover to house a computer and hidden drawers below for when homework time strikes. Opposite, a fully custom cabinetry system with minimal leather pulls to house bulky storage bins along with narrow pull-out drawers; perfect for large sheets of colored paper.
Check out our creative process below as well as the sources you need to get the look:
1. Nailhead Sofa – Bunny Williams / 2. Varese Fabric – Designers Guild / 3. Chenonceau Wallpaper – Schumacher / 4. Harlow Nesting Tables – Madegoods / 5. Fineas Table Lamp – Robert Abbey / 6. Calvin Chair – Arteriors Homes / 7. Jacques Cocktail Table – Jonathan Adler