Even the shady live oaks can’t protect you against this week’s heat wave in Savannah. With record-high temperatures of 90+ degrees, it’s become unbearable to enjoy the brick-laid roads and general splendor without running for the nearest air conditioned building (historical or not). It comes as no surprise that this crazy June weather has us dreaming of lounging by the poolside, cold drink in hand. Perhaps we wouldn’t mind the heat if we were surrounded by some of these classic outdoor furnishings:
1. Serve guests a light snack on this ceramic Moko Tray by Jonathan Adler. It has the sophisticated look of stone but at half the weight.
2. We love the smoked glass effect on these tumblers from Target’s latest Threshold collection. The best part: they’re made of plastic. Never have to worry about cleaning up after a dropped glass again.
3. Keep your festivities going long after hours with the help of these industrial string lights from Restoration Hardware. We recommend attaching to a trellis or wiring system overhead to keep lights secure.
4. The new Cutter Bench by Design With Reach allows for plenty of seating for guests. With its solid teak and stainless steel design, this is a piece that can transition from your bathroom or hallway to your outdoor space with ease.
5. No outdoor space is complete without a little greenery, and this three-in-one planter from Modernica is the perfect way to liven up your courtyard or patio. For a low-maintenance plant solution, use a “pebble – soil – pebble” layering method with succulents or air plants.
6. Lounge in comfort with West Elm’s border pillow collection. The durable white fabric will reflect heat while lasting many summers under the sun.
7. We discovered Harbour Outdoor at this year’s ICFF and instantly fell in love with the sleek frame of their Breeze Arm Chair. Choose from a variety of wood species, metal finishes, and upholstery options to fully customize the highlight of your outdoor relaxation.
8. Nothing beats a refreshing cold beverage while soaking in the sun’s rays. Serve your favorite punch in this classic CB2 glass dispenser you’ll keep bringing out for parties both indoor and outdoor for years to come.