As a small design house with several large projects on our plate, we get the need to unwind after a long day. For some it’s kicking their feet up and enjoying a favorite TV show, and for others, it’s being in good company over a well-prepared meal. But perhaps one of the most sought-after “happy places” of all time is a place not too far from home: the bath tub. Today we’re celebrating ways people wash away the stress of their day and cleanse themselves for the morning to come. Before you touch the faucet and grab the candles, make sure your bathroom oasis is packed with these five tub time essentials.
1. Soak the day away with this natural mineral blend from Barr-Co. Made of milk, oatmeal, vanilla, and vetiver, its known to soothe irritated skin and create a protective barrier to keep in moisture long after bath time is over.
2. Think of your bath mat as a right of passage and plant your feet onto Coyuchi’s Diamond Pebble Rug. It’s plush, 100% cotton weave is springy underfoot and finished with a clean hem detail.
3. Sparrow and Co may have named this their “Drawing Room Candle“, but we believe some of the greatest ideas come from when we are most relaxed and centered. Grab a few to place around the bath for the ambient lighting your creativity craves.
4. If your happy place tends to hold more than just the thoughts and problems of the day, take use of this reclaimed wood tub caddy from Peg and Awl. Simply rest it across your tub to keep your books from soaking along with you.
5. Don’t let the luxury end when you unplug the drain. Treat yourself to a royal rub-down with Fog Linen Work’s Herringbone Cotton Towel. The cotton is super absorbent and the built-in laundry tag allows for easy hanging.