We’re not sure why birds get all the love during this season, but it sure does lend to some great home decor and furnishings. Today we’ve put together some of our favorite bird items that will have your home chirping style in no time.
1. You may find yourself daydreaming next to this sparrow wallpaper by Hygge and West. The subtle pops of “almost green” can give just the right amount of color to a neutral room. Use this on a large wall (or all four) without having to worry about the space looking too busy.
2. Two lumps are always better than one with this Grapefruit Sugar Bowl. The lid comes off to reveal a blue ceramic spoon for your serving pleasure.
3. Show your love from the ground up with Anthropologie’s Conure Rug. With sizes ranging from 2.5′ round to 8′, you’re sure to have a place in your home for this beauty. We recommend anchoring it down with a comfy lounge chair in a reading nook or living room.
4. This little brass bird has just the space for your hand soap or jewelry. You could also use this vintage brass dish as a catch-all for keys by your front door.
5. Keep a lookout for swans this season; these birds are out to take the spotlight. Be the first to welcome these aviary trendsetters into your kitchen with this screen printed swan tea towel.
6. Place a bold pattern like on this graphic bird pillow to add some visual interest to a pair of club chairs or sofa. The neutral beige linen allows this to work in virtually any space.
7. We get a moody, “Alice in Wonderland” feeling from this beautifully illustrated Flights of Fancy Wallpaper. This pattern would be perfect to liven up a small space such as a guest bath or powder room.
8. What is a love nest without a cuckoo clock? This modern adaptation is made of laser cut wood pieces to give you that classic feel without all the weight. Place this guy in an open space such as a living room or front entry for all to see.
9. Cover the messy side of your fireplace with this birdcage fireplace screen from Katherine Barnwell. Let this gem really make a statement by painting your fireplace surround Benjamin Moore OC-117 Simply White.
10. Even if you’re known for your lightness of foot, this solid brass Wenge Bird of Prey Cane would look great taking residence in your umbrella stand or leaning near the front door.
11. Paule Marrot’s “Doves” piece can work in so many places of your home. Place behind the master bed for a romantic bird haven, on top of the fireplace mantle for a classical living space, or on its own in the dining room for a gentle conversation starter.