Don’t get us wrong – we love spending hours scouring the local antique markets to find a unique vintage piece that can either be restored or up-cycled into something new. But, sometimes it is nice to have someone else do the work for you. The “Vintage” section of Etsy’s website is a favorite place for us to score killer deals and insert some age and character into our spaces. Today we’ve put together a few of our favorite quirky vintage pieces that will add some good old fashioned style to your home:
1. Make a bold graphic statement with these vintage art posters from Etsy shop OsbornWoods. Keep that old fashioned feel by displaying them on a line with clothespins (as seen) or get them framed for a sleeker look.
2. This pair of brass ram’s head bookends will not only keep your limited edition collection of Nancy Drew novels looking pretty, but would also look great alone on a desk or mantle. Don’t be afraid to paint them a fun color to make them really stand out!
3. Timeless design gets tricky with clocks but we’re sure this vintage farm clock will be perfect placed on your kitchen counter or inside a shelf. Take a closer look to notice the best part about it: the backside is an unexpected pop of mint green!
4. What better place to put your plant than in this doe planter? She’s durable enough to last in the garden or in the home and would look great holding a large succulent or a stack of pencils on your desk.
5. You can’t go wrong with a clean, mid-century piece such as this orange desk lamp. Unlike many vintage lamp finds, this lamp comes in great working condition and, as a bonus, the bulb is already included.
**Note: be sure to read any item description in detail before purchasing- some vintage lighting may need to be rewired. If you have questions about a sale, contacting the Seller with questions is super easy.
6. A large vintage furniture piece such as this walnut dresser can really set the tone for the space. Keep your house from getting cluttered by letting the furniture speak for itself and keeping the knickknacks at a minimum.
7. We tend to forget that today’s design trends are usually a return of a previous fad, and these embroidered and ombre throw pillows are a perfect example. Stay current, the inexpensive way, by always looking for the trend source.
8. Vintage goes international with this moroccan rug. We love the primitive geometric lines that will anchor the space without making it look too busy.
9. The minimal lines of this magazine rack make it classic enough to go with any interior. It’s integrated handle allows for easy transport when you want to grab that stack of books you’ve been meaning to crawl into bed and read.
10. Umbrellas aren’t the only thing this vintage stand is good for – place it in a foyer or awkward corner and turn it into an art piece to hold your vintage ruler collection or (as seen) those trendy indian arrows you just bought on impulse.
***Also be sure to follow our “Vintage Goodies” board on Pinterest to stay current with our latest online finds!