April 21st, 2014
With the design community’s recent obsession with all things mid-century, it’s easy to find yourself drinking a morning coffee in a room completely outfitted in walnut and teak. If you’re looking for a slight departure that won’t drag your living room into the Dark Ages, check out our top painted credenzas that nod to the mid-century aesthetic in the most versatile of palettes.
1. Mafia Italia Sideboard – Stylepark / 2. Spencer Entertainment Console – Redford House / 3. Dang 2 Door 2 Drawer Console – Blu Dot / 4. Dansk Sideboard – Mezzanine
April 18th, 2014
Local Savannah creative and long-time friend Libbie Summers has done it again. With years of experience both in the kitchen and on set, complimented by her award-winning food blog Salted and Styled, there’s no question as to whether Libbie was ready to tackle her second book release: Sweet & Vicious. A slight departure from The Whole Hog Cookbook (less pig and more pink), Sweet & Vicious is all about exploring new taste sensations in the realm of baking. However, still evident throughout its fuchsia “dipped” pages are some incredible stories from Libbie’s adventures in the world of sweet and savory concoctions.
To celebrate the recent release of Sweet & Vicious, Libbie knew we could capture the spirit of the book just as we had for The Whole Hog Cookbook. When she found the newly-renovated Whitman off of Forsyth Park, we loved the challenge of complimenting the historic architecture with bright and poppy decor. The result was a family-friendly, playful book signing party that left even the adults feeling like kids again. Here are some of our favorite shots of the event, captured by Jade + Matthew Take Pictures:
Grab your copy of Sweet & Vicious here!
April 16th, 2014
This week we’re not only giving you our top picks, but also letting you in on a little secret. We have a stunning master bedroom in the works featuring a beautiful indigo wallpaper that is sure to stop our clients in their tracks. We took our above room inspiration and decided to pull a few watercolor-esque wallpapers that showcase the various mesmerizing shades of indigo for a dramatic master suite of your own:
1. Dynasty Indigo – Eskayel / 2. Tidal Wallpaper – Emma Hayes / 3. Polka Dots in Smoke – Kreme / 4. Stirring Seas – Anthropologie / 5. Bali Stripe – Eskayel
April 10th, 2014
The team travelled to High Point, NC this week to see the latest industry offerings in furnishings, lighting, and decor. While one of the best reasons to go to market is to wine and dine with design representatives from around the globe, we also managed to snap a few photos of products we look forward to use in projects to come. Today we’re shedding light on our favorite finds at market with the top table lamps, hanging fixtures, and wall sconces:
Clockwise from top left:
1. Arteriors / 2. Gabby Home / 3. Regina Andrew / 4. Currey and Company / 5. Julia Chichester / 6. Mr. Brown / 7. Ro Shambeaux
Clockwise from top left:
1. Mr. Brown / 2. Julia Chichester / 3. Dunes and Duchess / 4. Dunes and Duchess / 5. Currey and Company / 6. Arteriors / 7. Julia Chichester
Clockwise from top left:
1. Barbara Cosgrove / 2. Pacific Coast Lighting / 3. Light and Living / 4. Arteriors / 5. Emporium Home / 6. United Strangers / 7. Arteriors
Please note that most companies featured here are only available to the trade. To inquire about a product you may be interested in, please contact us here.
April 4th, 2014
The sounds of summer are not quite heard from the brick paved streets of Savannah, but that doesn’t mean we can’t dream of salty days by the sea. This week we’re giving you the best nautical findings for canine and kid in hopes to bring that sunshine just a little bit closer.
1. Give your pup his hearty share of the ocean in these beautifully simple ceramic bowls from Cloud 7. With varying sizes for food and water, they’re both heavy enough to keep kid from causing a tidal wave in your kitchen.
2. Send a message in a bottle under your child’s sheets with this 100% lambswool water bottle cover. Hand-knit in Scotland, this cover includes a bottle to keep your little one warm whilst dreaming of sunnier days.
3. The geometric pattern on this Scandinavian wool blanket reminds us of nautical flag symbols. Known for its softness, it’s the perfect throw to drape over a crib or rocking chair.
4. What sea dog would be seen out in public without its nautical rope leash? With a 3-strand construction and handmade leather tag, this leash is bound to keep your dog close when even the most tempting seagull walks by.
5. Give your pup something tough to chew on after working the decks with this cotton rope bone toy. Have a teething canine? Simply wet, freeze, and let them have at it.
6. Let your kid be the talk of the docks with these vintage-inspired, striped swim trunks. The stretch nylon is fast-drying, which means less of the ocean in your home and more where it belongs.
7. Perfect for telling stories under the stars, the whale pal from Coral and Tusk is embroidered on durable linen and completely resistant to imaginary harpoons.