IKEA just released a new collection of multifunctional furniture aimed at young, creative city-dwellers who are constantly on the move. Even if you don’t exactly fit into that profile, the IKEA PS Collection does offer close to one hundred well-designed pieces that can be moved around your home (or during your next move) with ease. Here are a few of our favorite pieces from the new collection, which you can view in its entirety here.
1. As decorative as it is practical, the tree-shaped hat and coat stand is made of a lightweight birch with acrylic base. Four plastic feet underneath protect your floors from scratching over time.
2. Flank either side of your foyer with this adjustable knob rail for instant coat, jewelry, or key access. The knobs slide to either side of the rail that allow you to group belongings by family member.
3. Don’t take time so seriously with this playful wall clock with a mounting strap that doubles as a handle for easy travel. The hour hand is comprised of an acrylic, polka dot disc that is ever-changing along with a minute and second hand.
4. Achieve the look of a built-in without committing to your space with a bamboo storage module. Not intended for hanging on a wall but rather to be stacked with other modules, your dream bookshelf is only a simple stack away. The exposed steel frame also allows for hooks or other hangings for additional storage needs.
5. The best part of IKEA’s newest collection of multicolored jars is the adaptability. While the jars vary in height, each width is the same which means you’re free to swap lids as you see fit. We could see these being a fun splash of color on a child’s bathroom vanity or in the kitchen.
6. Finally, an LED wall lamp with an eye for design. Feel good about staying up late with that romantic novel series as this lamp uses 85% less energy than a conventional bulb.
7. Taking inspiration from scandinavian design, this dining chair with arm rests has long been a part of the PS Collection but still remains timeless today. We recommend placing these at the ends of the table while pairing with this armchair, also from the PS Collection.
8. Perhaps one of our favorite pieces from the collection, the new table mirror solves two problems: jewelry storage and a vanity mirror. A natural pairing, placing this natural birch and powder coated steel stand on your dresser eliminates the need for a separate vanity.
9. Why choose between investing in an art piece or an area rug when you can have both? The PS Collections includes several geometric area rugs such as this one that add a pop of color to your space. Made from a flat woven wool, this rug is natural soil-repellent and very durable.